A male Brazilian wax entails the removal of all hair from the buttocks, butt crack, scrotum, penis shaft and pubic area, leaving a landing strip (or other shapes – such as a triangle) at the front.
Male Brazilian Waxing – The Basics
* The client will need to fully undress from the waist down, including removing his underwear.
* Ideally, moist wipes will be left for the client to freshen up before the wax, and a towel provided for the client to cover himself.
* The client should lie down flat on his stomach, so the therapist can start with his buttock area.
* Disposable vinyl gloves should be worn by the therapist for all male intimate waxing treatments and disposable spatulas used each time the spatula is dipped back into the wax pot. Following these processes will eliminate the spread of any bacteria or infection through ‘double-dipping’.
* A combination of classic strip wax and new-generation non-strip wax should be used for a Brazilian male wax. Strip wax will be used on larger areas such as the buttocks, and non-strip wax on more intimate areas. Non-strip wax is kinder than conventional strip wax because it sticks to the hair, not the skin and is thus suitable for particularly sensitive areas. It does not ‘pull’ as other waxes might, thereby minimising client discomfort, and it causes less breakages and damage to the hair which in turn reduces the risk of ingrown hairs.
Male Brazilian Waxing – The Treatment
* Sanitise the entire area to be waxed on this side (buttock cheeks and crack) with a cotton pad and suitable cleansing solution to remove any body lotion, dirt or perspiration.
* Apply a thin layer of a suitable, light-textured oil on the area to be waxed, e.g. on the buttock cheeks and between the crack. This will create a barrier between the skin and the wax, reducing the amount of skin cells removed and causing less irritation and trauma to the skin. As well as pulling less on the skin (which hurts the client) it also means that the waxed area is not left sticky.
* Blot any excess oil with a tissue. Too much oil on the area will be counterproductive and will stop the wax from sticking. 홈타이
* Using conventional strip wax, apply to the buttocks with a clean disposable spatula in the direction of the hair growth and avoiding the crack area.
* Remove using good-quality paper or fabric strips, pulling the skin taut and pulling the strip off in the opposite direction to which the wax was applied. As always when removing wax, work quickly and firmly as any indecision or slowness at this point will cause the client some discomfort. Immediately afterwards, firmly place your hand over the area which has been waxed, holding it for a second or two. Applying pressure on this area will take away any immediate client discomfort or stinging.
* Once all hair has been removed from both buttocks, the client should use both hands to pull the buttock cheeks apart, exposing the butt crack. If he prefers and the therapist feels comfortable, the client can instead either kneel on all fours or kneel forward on his shins for this part of the treatment.
* Using a new disposable medium-sized spatula, apply several thin strips of non-strip wax to the crack area in the direction of the hair growth. The wax strip should be no longer than 4cm long, an inch wide and around 2mm thick. At the end of the wax strip, you need to create a thicker ‘lip’ of around 4mm in thickness. This lip forms a handle which you can easily hold on to in order to pull the wax off in the absence of a paper or fabric strip.
* Wait for the first wax strip to set. This should take no longer than 20 seconds if the wax was applied to the right consistency and is not too thick.
* Holding the lip of the wax strip with one hand and pulling the surrounding skin taut with the other hand, pull the wax off the skin in the opposite direction of the hair growth, working quickly and firmly as always. Apply pressure to the area for a second with your free hand to minimise any stinging.
* Once all the hair has been removed from the buttock and crack area, apply a small amount of after-wax gel mixed with oil to the waxed area to nourish, soothe and moisturise the skin.
* Turn the client over and repeat the cleansing process to sanitise the area around the perineum, scrotum, penis shaft and pubic area. Apply a thin layer of suitable oil to the entire area to be waxed, blotting off any excess oil with a tissue.